Estates, Trusts & Taxation
Estate planning is an important element of your overall financial plan. Virtually everyone, no matter the size of their estate, should have a well-designed estate plan that will accomplish their individual goals in the event of their incapacity or death.
- Estate Taxation
- Trust Taxation
- Individual Trust Services
- Trust Department Tax Compliance Service
We have Certified Specialists in Estate Planning on staff, offering expertise to address your specific questions and all aspects of your estate planning and tax compliance work. We assist you in resolving such important issues as:
- Does my will accomplish my goals in the disposition of my assets?
- Who should I select as the executor or manager of my estate
- Have I designated an estate plan that will minimize tax and maximize what is left to my loved ones?
- Have I minimized probate and administration expenses on my estate?
- Are the assets of my estate protected from my creditors or the creditors of my heirs?
- Is my estate plan still adequate in light of changes in estate tax laws, my family status, or growth in the size of my estate?
We evaluate your estate plan to determine if you are maximizing the benefit of estate planning tools:
- Would a Living Trust work more effectively than your will in providing for a more expedient and less costly settlement of your estate?
- If married, have you implemented Bypass Trusts to allow you and your spouse to shelter up to the allowable maximum from estate tax?
- Have you used other trusts to your advantage, for example other irrevocable, Qtip trust or charitable trusts?
- Could your estate benefit from the application of discounting principles or the use of a Family Limited partnership?
Estate tax law has seen significant revision in recent years and continues to change through legislated phase-ins and additional new law. Prudent action warrants continuous consulting with your professional advisors to ensure that your existing plan is not outdated and still meets your needs.
Perhaps somewhat unique for a firm of our size, Robert C. Alario, CPA PC maintains a trust tax department, with a dual focus of serving both the needs of our individual clients who have established trusts and also providing services to banks, law offices and trust departments who choose to outsource their increasingly complex tax compliance work.
INDIVIDUAL TRUST SERVICES
We provide consulting and tax preparation services on all types of trusts, including grantor, simple, complex, revocable and irrevocable trusts, charitable trusts, life insurance trusts, and other estate planning trusts. We can assist you with:
- Guidance on the benefits of a particular trust to your tax situation
- Trust formation and dissolution
- Tax return preparation including K-1 reporting for beneficiaries
TRUST DEPARTMENT TAX COMPLIANCE SERVICE
We offer trust compliance services to banks, and trust departments. Our staff has extensive knowledge and experience in dealing with the compliance requirements and unique issues relating to trusts. Our trust department assists fiduciaries with the complex task of fulfilling their tax compliance obligations.
We can relieve you of the burdens associated with trust tax compliance by handling it for you.
Let us be responsible for:
- Meeting due dates
- Preparation and liability of interpreting complex tax laws
- Avoiding unnecessary liability exposure
- Dealing with the IRS and state taxing authorities
- Maintaining an updated and fully equipped tax department
Learn How We Can Help